Pai Gow Poker is a game that – while you may not instantly be familiar with – is one you definitely should consider checking out.
As the name would suggest, it features all around Poker, and uses the Text Hold’ Em hand-ranking in order to determine payouts and who wins.
How To Play
To begin, you’ll need to place your initial stake. Once you’ve chosen how much you want to play, you need to simply press the ‘Deal’ button, at which point you’ll be dealt 7 cards.
You must use these 7 cards to make two separate Poker hands – a low hand, and a high hand.
The low hand, is two cards, and the best possible hand is a pair of aces, with the worst being 2, 3.
The high hand is your 5-best cards, and is basically where you try to make the best Poker hand possible.
The best possible hand in the high hand, is of course, the Royal Flush, with the lowest hand being 2, 3, 4, 6.
Once you have your hands separated (and don’t worry – when playing in an online Casino, it’s all automatic!), your hands will then be put up against the dealer, and the best hands win!
Like mentioned, the two card hand, or the ‘low’ hand is fairly simple.
If you manage to put a pair in the low hand, you have a very strong chance of winning.
The five-card hand is a little more complex, so let’s look at the poker rankings below to determine what’s what:
- Royal Flush – Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten, all of the same suit.
- Straight Flush – 5 cards in consecutive order, all of the same suit.
- Four-Of-A-Kind – Four kinds of the same value.
- Full House – Three-of-a-kind, and a pair.
- Flush – 5 cards all of the same suit.
- Straight – 5 cards in consecutive order, unsuited.
- Three-of-a-kind – Three cards of the same value.
- Two-Pair – Two different pairs – For example, a pair of 4s, and a pair of 10s.
- One Pair – One singular pair.
- High Card – The highest card.
Pai Gow Poker can be a little confusing at first… but once you get the hang of it, it’s a really fun game for you to play.
Plus; side-bets making playing VERY profitable, and if you’re lucky enough to get a 4-of-a-kind, Straight Flush, or Royal Flush, you’ll end up winning a LOT of money…
Sign up for FREE, and try your hand at Pai Gow Poker!